Street 50 Restaurant & Bar (Christmas Buffet)
[Street 50 Restaurant & Bar]
[Street 50 Restaurant & Bar]
First impression of Street 50 restaurant was cosy, elegance, with dark colored furniture used throughout the whole space. Quiet environment with mostly tourists dining here, it would be a perfect venue for meals without much disturbance.
This upcoming Christmas and New Year, Street 50 restaurant had come up with festive buffet for you guys to enjoy great food at affordable prices.
(1) Salmon Carpaccio with Corriander and Pinenut Vinaigrette
- Love the start off with salmon carpaccio. Salmon was fresh and pairs well with the zesty pinenut vinaigrette dressing. I took my share in 1 whole bite and enjoyed the corriander leaves fragrance bursting in my mouth when chewed.
(2) Smoked Oyster & Crab cake
- Crispy breaded batter wrapped with lotsa fresh crabmeat and smoked oysters. Smoked oysters was cleverly added in to provide the overall saltiness. Sauce drizzled on top was sambal chilli with pineapple bits. A unique combi to provide some asian touch to this dish. The best dish of the night.
(3) Bay scallop with Warm Tomato Essence
- Tomato essence was too overpowering in this dish. I could only taste the sourness of tomato and not the sweetness of the scallop. Radish shreds were paired together to give that extra crunch.
(4) Seafood Paella
- A beautifully crafted bowl of paella filled with fresh prawns, squids, white clams, scallops, mussels, tomatoes and olives. Pretty appearance but tasted otherwise. Spanish rice texture was mushy and tasted bland. Seafood were overly cooked and turned out dry, especially the squids which were tough to chew.
(5) Black Pepper Alaska Crab Claw with Gingko Nut
- You heard it right! Alaskaaaaa crab claws at Street 50 festive buffet spread! The spicy peppery sauce made me kept going for more, it's never enough. The flesh were firm, although slight salty but I still love them. Kitchen staff were also sweet enough to pre-slit the claws for our easy consumption. Chef's idea of adding gingko nuts to this dish was just to add a little Asian twist to it. But was it necessary, opinions differ.
[Optional] Take the Spanish rice with this black pepper sauce, it's yum!
(6) Smoked Tandoori Turkey Breast
- What's Christmas without turkey? This big sharing portion was enough to go round our table twice. Meat was soft but slight dry, common when comes to breast meat. Two different sauces were served: Cucumber Corriander and Pineapple Sweet chilli. Personally I preferred the cucumber corriander sauce but corriander can be heavier. The sweet chilli sauce was just common.
(7) Crepe Suzette
- A french dessert with a very nice tangy aroma when served. Crepes were soaked in a sweet caramelized tangerine sauce topped with a slice of the fruit. Crepe was too chewy for my liking, felt like eating our chinese "min jiang kueh" but it does works well with this citrus sauce. Definitely a sweetness overloading dessert.
There were other highlights at this buffet such as Roasted boneless lamb leg, Crayfish printanier, Baked prawns with red current and ginger compote, Blue mussels bourguignon, Christmas log cake and many more. So what are you waiting for? Book your seats now.
"Bejewelled Christmas By The Bay"
Festive Buffet Promotion Period:
- 24 & 31 Dec '15
$68++ Per Adult
$32++ Per Child (6-12yrs)
- 25 & 26 Dec '15, 1 & 2 Jan '16
$58++ Per Adult
$28++ Per Child (6-12yrs)
Maybank credit cardholders enjoy 1 dines free with 2 paying adults privilege.
Street 50 Restaurant and Bar
Bay Hotel Singapore
50 Telok Blangah Road
Dining reservations: +65 68186681
[This was an invited tasting session]